Monday, September 15, 2014

Paper plate owl

This little guy came out way better than I expected.  I will be using this craft for a Fall craft day later this month.  

What you need:
  • Paper plates
  • Markers
  • Construction paper
  • Glue
  • Scissors



Color the center of the paper plate.  I made a simple squiggle pattern alternating with fall colors to make it look like feathers.  Fold the sides of the plate toward the center to make the wings.  Fold the top half of the plate down about an inch and a half.  Glue in place.  
While that has time to dry cut out two large circles and two small circles for the eyes.  I decided to use yellow and black for the eyes.  Cut out a small triangle and feet out of orange construction paper.  Set these aside and color the wings.  I decided to follow the stripes on the paper plate, you can make any design you like.  Glue the eyes, beak, and feet in place.  There you have it, a cute little owl.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. So lovely idea! I have to do it for my nieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids loved doing this craft, and they were all so colorful.

    ReplyDelete