Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Puzzle Heart Valentine's Day Craft

Here's a fun craft I will be doing with my evening Storytime kid's in a couple weeks.  It's great for Valentine's Day and it uses some old puzzle pieces I saved years ago.  

With a little prep work this craft can be done in a short amount of time.
What you will need:
  • Popsicle sticks (12 each)
  • Puzzle pieces
  • Cardstock cut into hearts (about 3" big)
  • Ribbon
  • Paint
  • Hot glue gun
  • School glue
  • Ribbon
  • Permanent marker
I made the popsicle frame ahead of time using hot glue.  This is also a good time to add a piece of ribbon to the back of the frame for hanging.  

Hint:  Glue the puzzle pieces onto the heart and paint them before gluing to the frame.  My first attempt above was glued to the frame before I painted it.  It was a disaster.  
Use school glue to attach the puzzle pieces on the heart and then paint them.  Once the painted heart is dry (I will be reading a story during this time) use the glue to attach it to the front of the frame.  With a permanent marker write: "Love You To Pieces".  I'm going to let the kids write it out on their own-it will look so much better than mine!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment