Thursday, December 12, 2013

Foam Snowman Magnet

Here's a fun craft to do with kids this Winter.  The kids will have fun picking out hats, gloves, and a scarf for their snowmen. 

Here's what you will need:
  • Foam in a variety of colors
  • Markers-I use foam markers, they do not smudge off the foam
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Wiggly eyes
  • Small hole punch (if you have one)
  • Magnets
  • Cardstock (for stencils)

I made my own stencils in a word document using clip art and shapes and then cut them out of some card stock.  Cutting the foam can be a bit tedious.  I used some volunteers to help cut trace and cut out the pieces.
I cut out all the foam pieces ahead of time.  For the program I made a plate of hats, gloves, and scarves.  The kids had a blast designing their snowmen and picking out colors.  

For the arms I used two pieces of a  pipe cleaner cut in quarters.  Simply stick one end into the small hole on the snowman body made by a small whole punch or the tip of your scissors and fold the short end around to secure it in place.  
I gave the kids markers to add designs to their snowman pieces and make a face.

Once the snowman is done, add a magnet to the back and you're done!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment