Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tissue Paper Owl

I got this idea from my favorite blog A Beautiful Mess.  I decided to simplify it a bit and use as a library craft.  After scrounging around in my craft supplies I came up with the following items to make this cute little owl.
  • Styrofoam ball
  • Tissue paper
  • Scrap of felt
  • Large wiggly eyes
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Scissors
  • Glue stick


I cut my tissue paper into 3 inch strips and folded them in half.  I then cut the raw edges with scissors to make a fringe about 1 inch about apart.  Do not cut all the way through.  
Using the glue stick I went around the Styrofoam ball and wrapped the fringe in layers .  For the top, I used smaller pieces of fringe and layered them in a tight circle.  
The feet are made out of  pipe cleaners cut in half .
Cut a small triangle out of brown felt and stick some wiggly eyes on the front of the owl.  Stand back and admire your slightly ruffled, slightly circular owl.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment