Monday, May 6, 2013

Hatching Chick Farm Craft

I'm going to a preschool visit next week and I always bring a craft with me for the kids to do.  This month's theme for the class is Farming.  I decided to do a variation of the hatching dinosaur egg and turn it into a hatching chick.  
I plan to pair this craft with the book Chicken Soup by Jean Van Leeuwen

For this craft all you need is:
  • 2 small white paper plates
  • Scissors
  • Crayons
  • Markers
  • Glue Stick
  • Paper/felt/card stock etc. (to make your chick)
  • Wiggly eyes
  • Stapler
For detailed instructions on how to make this craft check out the hatching dinosaur egg link above.

Once the craft is complete kids can fold back the flaps and see the baby chick they colored hatch!
For my chick I used an Ellison die 4"Chick
The chick is made out of Smart-Fab which is super fun to work with and decorate.  
It gives this little chick a nice soft look. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment