Wednesday, January 2, 2013

iPads in the Library

As I mentioned yesterday our library will be getting a few iPads-any day now!  At a recent meeting a fellow children's librarian (Anne Hicks) demonstrated how she uses an iPad in storytime.  I thought it was so cool and cannot wait to get my iPad so I can start incorporating it into my storytimes.  To help us out Anne put together a list of some of her favorite apps to use in storytime.

Anne's Favorite Apps:

  • Feed the Animals by Curious Fingers
  • Wheels on the Bus by Duck Moose
  • Peek-a-boo Halloween by Night and Day Studios
  • Robot by Toca Boca
  • Animal Sounds-Fun Toddler Games by Innovative Mobile Apps
  • Nursery Rhymes with Storytime by ustwo
  • Rhyming Words by Grasshopper Apps
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Run This App by Disney
  • SketchMoo 2 by Mooofka Ltd
  • Grandma's Garden by Fairlady Media
Here are a few websites that you can visit to check out reviews of Apps for kids:


No comments:

Post a Comment